Publishing company based in Central london is looking for a contract designer to join their busy creative studio, initially on a 3 month contract starting asap.
You will be:
- Responsible for the design and production of book and journal covers and book and journal marketing material (including leaflets, business cards, showcards, posters, certificates, adverts and postcards).
- Working to a variety of deadlines and marketing and cover design briefs, you will be able to multitask, and able to manage your own workload and design schedule.
- Prepare all final artwork including digital & non-digital, press-ready pdfs.
- Ensure that the brand is maintained.
- Liaise with Head of Design, Designers, Editors, Marketing Managers and Sales to complete all projects on time and to budget.
The Successful Candidate will need to be :
- Advanced level skills in Adobe CS Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional)
- Mac & PC literate
- A degree in Graphic Design preferred or relevant work experience.
- Outstanding portfolio of design work
- At least two years’ experience of working within an in-house design team (preferably within publishing/academic publishing)
- Be able to work from initial briefs supplied by marketing managers and develop ideas/concepts/layouts through to supplying final press-ready artwork
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proactive and solutions focused
- Able to multitask and prioritise a varied workload
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
this is an immediate start so notice of no more than 1 week will be workable - please email your cv and folio samples asap ! great working environment - 35 hour week.