Virgin Galactic is on track to become the world’s first privately funded commercial Spaceline. In its mission to become the Spaceline for Earth, Virgin Galactic is developing and operating new technologies that have the potential to democratise access to space for the benefit of life on Earth.
Virgin Galactic is currently looking for a superstar designer to support its efforts in opening space to change the world for good! This is a very rare and exciting opportunity for somebody who is inspired by creating history as we create a new market for space.
The Junior Designer will report directly to the Creative Lead within the Virgin Galactic Creative Studio. The Creative Studio is based at Virgin Group’s London HQ and works across our international locations (California, New Mexico, New York and Washington D.C.)
The Creative Studio (where the magic happens!) is responsible for digital, marketing, production, events, design and for the ideas generation and overall strategy which keeps the Virgin Galactic brand shining brightly.
Main Purpose of the Role
The primary role for the Junior Designer will be to support the Creative Studio with all aspects of 2D Design and Brand. Projects span across a number of different design disciplines; digital, print, graphic etc.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Design and brand tasks for Virgin Galactic, these include:
• Design and creation of customer experience brand assets
• Design and creation of external branding
• Design and creation of vehicle liveries
• Design and creation of marketing collateral
• Design and creation of digital content
• Support management of the brand guidelines and visual identity
• Creative support for partner programme activation
• Awesome design skills
• Very strong conceptual thinker
• Adobe Suite – Photoshop & Illustrator mainly
• Creative, sociable and fun person
• Good, solid temperament
• Proactive problem solver – no task too small, no problem too big
• Ability to work under pressure with a smile on your face
• Able to learn quickly and grasp the project and operational details
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Passion for space travel if possible!
• Willingness and ability to travel if required
• Design Degree
Virgin Galactic and the greater Virgin Organisation have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. We like to “check egos at the door”, and with the rest of the team, you’ll be a strong believer in the importance of humanity, humility and humour.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Please click the Apply button to apply.