Midweight designer wanted for a leading PR agency.
It's a great role for someone ambitious that wants control over their output and the opportunity to stamp your own mark on the agency's work. As a Creative, you are responsible for generating ideas that will entice the consumer or target audience and land with earned channels to reach them, e.g. media, influencers, bloggers etc. The goal of the Creative and Production team is to work together to develop conceptual campaigns designed to stand apart from competitors.
The day to day
- Developing concepts for campaigns
- Pitching ideas to clients
- Working with the Creative Producer and account teams to negotiate with clients, to amend ideas in line with their wishes and explain what is and is not possible
- Keeping clients abreast of progress and answer their questions
- Working with the Creative Producer to maintain the integrity of the campaign from concept through to delivery
- Translating ideas visually
- Leading projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Writing Creative Briefs and overseeing the development of creative outputs
- Working with and managing the right external suppliers
- Working with the Creative Producer to manage junior members of the Creative team and designers
First and foremost, Creatives must be good at creating concepts. They need an impressive conceptual outlook and the ability to produce original ideas. They must also have an 'eye' and a keen awareness of the design world.
Creating great ideas is about pitching the right idea to the right client at the right time. Creatives must get under the skin of the brief, and indeed the client. Only then comes the ability to deliver campaigns that work for the client and generate results.
Communication and presentation skills
High level creative thinking is useless without the confidence to communicate your ideas. They need excellent communication (written, verbal and visual) and confident presentation skills in order to pitch ideas to clients and also explain their ideas to members of the wider agency.
Excellent interpersonal skills are a must. They need a clear creative vision while remaining open to others' ideas.
Alongside working with the Creative Producer to ensure creative work is delivered, Creatives require leadership skills in order to manage, develop and oversee both the juniors within the team and the work that they produce.
Practical design skills
You will be a strong all rounder who his passionate about all areas of design. You will have good experience and background from multiple disciplines. We look for a candidate who can deliver outstanding work in the four following areas:
You will have a strong approach to branding from strategic to conceptual through to execution. You will be confident in presenting brand world concepts to clients and supporting/motivating a others along the journey. We often get briefed to produce everything from logos to brand assets and lock-ups and everything in between.
Graphic Design and Print Production
You will be confident in producing layouts for own channels, earned channels and media consumption. Proficient skills in art direction, typography and retouching are key. You will also be confident producing and supplying artwork to all types of media. Having good experience with colour proofing/wet proofing is a bonus. Any candidate should demonstrate the highest level of graphic design skills and attention to detail is key.
Website and Digital
Good knowledge of current digital trends. Full understanding of typography, colour theory, layout principles, web standards, best practice and user experience. Ensures the design process works from brief to concept across mobile, web and email design.
Personality is key. We require a candidate who is bursting with passion. We are an independent agency of young, ambitious and energetic people. We love what we do and we love working with each other. It is also important you are someone who likes and can contribute to a fun, vibrant agency culture.
Inter-disciplinary knowledge of graphic design and relevant software is vital, as well as an understanding of other disciplines. Use these skills and understanding to add value when working with your team and external suppliers. Familiarity with film-making techniques, web development tools and copywriting are very useful, but not essential.
Use a range of resources to proactively hunt down innovative, interesting and culturally relevant information on trends, audiences, competitors and inspirations. It is this 'brain lego' which should inform your work.
Build an understanding of the importance of Earned Media in your role - and how the ideas we develop need to fit within this. Demonstrate a commitment to furthering your knowledge and understanding of the media by reading, watching and listening to a broad and diverse cross-section of media.
- Wholeheartedly support the agency culture and live by our values. Remember your sense of humour - we laugh a lot at Unity
- We are one team and need to still act as such - demonstrate you can work seamlessly with other teams
- Demonstrate that you want to do the best work of your career with us by showing your passion for delivering brilliant work