Technical Lighting Designer
This company create exceptionally well-made furniture, upholstery, lighting, fabrics and wallpapers. All of their own designs are made in Britain in small workshops that excel in traditional crafts, such as iron forging, rattan weaving, chair making, precision engineering and saddlery.
Their client list includes international interior designers, decorators and architects with their products found in many influential private homes, chalets and yachts around the world as well as hotels, restaurants, members clubs, boardrooms and retail spaces.
Their unique selling point is that they have the ability to customise or bespoke make their products to clients needs and seek a Technical Lighting Designer who can build relationships with their workshops as well as ensuring drawings are accurate for manufacture.
This is a growing sector for them so they need someone who has both the passion and enthusiasm for lighting mechanics and design, to assist and guide the Creative Director on what is possible on new designs. The day-to-day responsibilities for this role will be to work on drawing up all the current designs onto SolidWorks and ensure documents are maintained and kept up to date. You will also be working with the sales team to provide technical solutions to their custom and bespoke orders.
This role would really suit someone who also wants to expand on their skills into furniture manufacture.
Person / Experience Required:
- A minimum 3-5 years' professional experience with some worked in a lighting manufacturing environment
- Experience of both mechanical and electrical engineering and capable of working under your own initiative
- An understanding of a wide variety of manufacturing methods and processes
- Technical and commercial understanding of furniture construction would be an advantage
- Able to demonstrate familiarity with the complete design process including scale, proportion and ergonomics
- Proficient in SolidWorks, Photoshop and SketchUp software
- Strong Excel skills and Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to communicate clearly and warmly with colleagues and their workshops
- Immaculate attention to detail and able to multitask / time manage
- A current driving licence would be an advantage