Head of Design | Global news brand
We’re proud to be recruiting for one of the world’s leading business news and information brands. The organisation has an innovative business model that has made it one of the world’s most successful digital news operations.
The design team is responsible for all digital products. This includes a responsive .com website with users from 40 countries and award winning mobile applications.
We are looking for a Head Design to lead a team of Visual Designers to work in a fast, iterative and agile product environment. To craft a quality experience and build on current success.
- Own the design vision for the digital products & work with product owners and the senior team to ensure consistency with the broader product strategy.
- Define, manage and support creative direction and the brand vision for all digital products as well as a variety of aspects of the overall brand.
- Continue the successful integration of design into an Agile environment and actively represent design within the product organisation and the company.
- Work closely with design teams in editorial and corporate communications and increase collaboration across departments to ensure consistent creative output and improved design articulation.
- You will need to lead and guide a team of strong minded and talented designers, by explaining solutions quickly and accurately whilst increasing team cohesion.
Key Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of digital design and branding, with hands on experience of working in cross functional environments.
- Previous managerial experience across a dispersed & empowered team of designers.
- Excellent stakeholder management, organisational and presentation skills.
- Relevant degree
- Experience within a fast paced media environment ideally with subscription products.
- Experience focusing teams on the customer, and being able to balance customer needs with business goals and the brand vision.
If you think this role could be a good match for you and you are keen to find your next digital focused role, please apply below.