Silver Cross Group is an exciting and leading global multi-brand group in the baby and children’s product sector. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Fabric Designer to join a new and exciting brand within the group.
The role consists of the design and development of pram and pushchair textiles and fabrication and other associated baby/children’s products. We are looking for a highly creative fabric designer who will be a Fashion/Textile design Graduate or Industry trained with 2-4 years relevant, hands-on experience. Adobe Creative Suite software experience is essential and there are exciting opportunities for overseas travel. Experience and knowledge in pattern making, draping and tailoring is preferred and an obsession with colour, fabric quality and detailing is essential. We’re offering a great package for a person with the will to succeed and ability to work as part of a team.
- To be an integral part of the internal design and development team specialising primarily in the fabric design and creative concept.
- To research and translate fashion trends.
- To produce creative, on-brand designs and execute through to production
- To deliver new and innovative ideas for new and existing product ranges.
- To produce product specification information both paper based and electronically
- Produce well-conceived and communicated design concepts in sketches, visuals/renderings (Illustrator/Photoshop).
- To be involved in the whole development process from concept sketch generation to production in the Far East.
- Liaise with UK, European and Far Eastern manufacturers and fabric suppliers.
- Hands on fabric design and development with experience of developing fabrics and fabric components with suppliers.
- Work to clearly defined deadlines.
- Assist in other areas of design and marketing as and when required.
- Presentation of designs and concepts to internal and external audiences.
- Monitor CAD and Design Software packages to keep up to date.
- Foreign travel as necessary to fulfil the role.
- Participation in trade shows and sales conferences.
- Total working hour flexibility.
9.00 – 5.30 Monday to Friday
Directly to the Design Manager.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.