Product Designer / Furniture Designer
This company has earned a global reputation for the design and manufacture of furniture solutions for high technology and office environments.
With their origins in the trading and command and control room sectors, they are now also a recognized supplier of workstations for general office environments and seek an additional technical designer to expand their team and work closely with the internal business teams and the Design Manager.
You will be preparing drawings for the purposes of pre-sales, production and installation, creating BOMs, preparing mock-ups and product customisation and providing client facing technical support with the Sales teams.
Person / Experience Required:
- Relevant qualifications and 3+ years' experience
- The individual must be a self-starter, demonstrate critical thinking and attention to detail
- Experience of value engineering
- An excellent communicator verbally, written and visually with the persona to work with clients
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and timber panel manufacture
- AutoCAD and Solid Edge (or similar 3D modelling) is essential, with the Adobe Creative Suite beneficial