Creative Mid Weight Designer
One of Wales’ leading and most established design consultancies is looking for an experienced, creative designer to join a great little team in a beautiful part of the country, close to the sea and surrounded by the Pembrokeshire National Park.
We are looking for an experienced, creatively driven person to represent the company’s brand values and deliver our business objectives to a extensive client base. We work across a wide range of media - from branding, digital, print, packaging, signage and exhibition work. This is an ideal opportunity for a lifestyle change for the successful candidate. You would work closely with a large sector of clients, including independent and entrepreneurial local businesses, independent food companies, start-ups/artisans and also corporate companies.
As we’re a small team, you’ll have a big say in what we do and how we do things. We like to build long-standing working relationships with clients - it’s very personal here. We listen and to speak to our clients and they love this. It’s how we’ve grown and gained our reputation for not just great design, but also great service.
Become an active member of the studio team, sharing design expertise and ensuring high quality creativity. Contribute to the overall multi-disciplinary design direction of the company - we think what we do is great and need someone to bring new, fresh ideas to the team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confidence in leading a range of brand, print and web based projects.
- Be fully conversant with the latest graphic/web design software - Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML and CSS.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of design from concepts through to completion of the product from branding, print based work and various digital solutions.
- Create design outputs which profile and elevate the perception of the company, helping to achieve awareness and connectivity to new clients within Wales and beyond.
- Work on your own as well as part of a small team of designers.
- Experience and interest in Photography.
- Work to tight deadlines, liaising with both clients and directors.
- Ability to find solutions independently.
- Experience and understanding of brand strategy as well as delivery.
- Passionate and highly creative: having a genuine interest in current and emerging design trends and technologies.
- Attention to detail, work to budget and meet deadlines.
- Illustrative skills beneficial.
- Appropriate qualifications in graphic, print and web design, supported by a comprehensive portfolio of current work.
- Experienced in designing brands, print based projects plus website design and development.
- Ability to deliver detailed design concepts, delivering detailed design concepts in a fast paced studio environment.
- Understands Project management and attention to detail.
- Wants to become an integral part of the team from an early stage and to have a positive, creative impact with the possibility to grow into the role of Design Director.
- Who sees this opportunity as a positive lifestyle challenge - not just a job, more a way of life.
Position - Permanent.