Middleweight Graphic Designer/Artworker
To be responsible for providing high quality, original and creative designs and graphics for our marketing material (includes websites, social media, printed material), pattern books, specification sheets, adverts and sales packs, paying particular attention to colour.
- Work with the marketing team to create high quality, accurate, print ready artwork for a variety of communications material including advertising, POS, branding and marketing projects and campaigns for online and offline applications, pattern books and technical specifications.
- Render colours for different mediums, fix typography, check for inconsistencies, retouch designs, layouts and illustrations as required so that the final artwork is of the highest standard and quality, with particular attention to colour.
- Colour correct files to final printer proof (surface and flexo).
- Ensure that all artwork is created according to our brand and company identity guidelines.
- Adapt the artwork based on feedback from stakeholders, working closely with the Design Studio, external brand agencies and digital branding agencies.
- Prepare layouts, formatting text to stylesheets and prepare files for external printers.
- Proof and check print ready artwork and work with printers to deal with any issues.
- Liaise with suppliers and ensure work is printed within budget and to schedule.
- Design visuals and mock ups to assist with the marketing design process.
- Ensure all work is completed on time and within budget.
- Construct artwork master templates and internal guidelines for artwork for use throughout the company.
- Contribute to the development of communications material from early days of conception through to printing, working with Design, Sales, Purchasing and our Swedish head office.
- Undertake the administration associated with the role; keep comprehensive and accessible files of images and design process
- Undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be requested by Senior Managers in the UK or Sweden.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Graphic Design, Fine Art, Print or Product design
- 3 years+ experience within Design & Artworking
- Demonstrable experience as a Graphic Designer/Artworker in an agency or in house creating high quality online and offline marketing and communications material
- Expert knowledge of colour and the ability to adapt for different mediums or substrates.
- Demonstrable experience of retouching, image uploading and preparing artwork for print production and digital development.
- Ability to translate design tiles into repeats for completed pattern sections.
- Knowledge of printing processes and techniques.
- Experience of working with external press and digital branding agencies