Graphic Designer (inhouse retail)
Our client, one of the UK’s leading hair care brands are looking for a Middleweight Creative Graphic Designer to lead their close-knit team, made up of two other Designers. The company produce a wide range of hair electrical products for both professional and consumer markets, sold through the biggest hair and beauty wholesalers and retailers in the UK and Europe.
Key Qualities, Skills and Responsibilities
- Working across both digital and print, you will be leading the graphic direction over their complete range of products.
- You will be managing a small in-house team of two other designers, to produce forward thinking contemporary work to an on-brand, on-trend aesthetic.
- You will need to have extensive graphic design experience with a proven portfolio of work.
- A keen interest in the hair, beauty and/or fashion industry. Also experience in this field is highly desirable.
- Must be highly organised with excellent communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to execute projects across both print and digital channels from concept to production.
- Continually research graphic layouts and typographic trends, as well as trends within the beauty industry. Also aware of our competitors & able to keep on top of what is happening in the market.
- Working to develop product branding and able to provide strong art direction.
- Design of packaging is a large part of the role – creating cutter guides and applying artwork.
- Creation of artwork for catalogues, mailers, adverts, websites, social media, press releases, point of sale, events and anything else that may come your way.
- Some product photography & retouching.
- Team player, sociable and remains calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach, with the ability to multitask