This award-winning organisation offer a wide range of market focused and design-led products for the building and construction sectors and underpinned by their ethos of innovative design, they are continuously evolving their product range and breaking new ground.
Based in Oxfordshire, they are a value based company, believing strongly in their staff and their well-being, with full involvement and unity in the companys growth and development.
The main purpose of the role is to help achieve increased conversion rates of potential projects into bespoke sales by actively building strong customer relationships with architects and contractors through project work, site meetings and events. You will also be identifying customer requirements and providing support and technical responses as well as supervising a junior member of the team to undertake the design and development of innovative solutions, producing high quality visuals, drawings and proposal documents to present to customers.
Person / Experience Required:
- Degree qualified with 3+ years experience within a design environment for a specialist products company
- Supervisory experience or a desire to expand into a supervisors role
- Experience using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks or similar)
- Ideally an understanding of sheet metal fabrication and its impact on design
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and able to network
- Comfortable and confident delivering presentations and in a client facing role
- Have a solution based approach and be confident thinking outside the box
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness and a financial aptitude
- Good sketching skills and a creative mind
- Driving licence with own transport is essential
Apply for Product Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly