This company has earned a global reputation for the design and manufacture of furniture solutions for high technology and office environments.
With their origins in the trading and command and control room sectors, they are now also a recognized supplier of workstations for general office environments and seek a junior technical designer to work closely with the internal business teams.
You will be preparing drawings for the purposes of pre-sales, production and installation, creating BOMs, preparing mock-ups and product customisation and providing client facing technical support with Sales teams.
Person / Experience Required:
- This would suit either a graduate with relevant work experience or a designer with 1-2 years post study experience
- The individual must be a self-starter, demonstrate critical thinking and attention to detail
- An excellent communicator verbally, written and visually with the persona to work with clients
- Knowledge of and aptitude for sheet metal fabrication and timber panel manufacture
- Previous space planning experience and knowledge of the office interior fit out process
- AutoCAD and Solid Edge (or similar 3D modelling) is essential, with the Adobe Creative Suite beneficial