Senior Interior Designer
Senior Interior Design / London / Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 / Permanent
Our clients are looking for a Senior Interior Designer to be responsible for the management of the interior design department in their London studio, reporting to the Managing Director and Creative Director.
The role requires an exceptional understanding of conceptual and technical design, balanced with excellent management skills, presentation skills and an ability to manage high profile clients. This role involves working closely with the Director to interpret conceptual ideas, developing them into a design brief that also meets the client's requirements.
Alongside the creative responsibilities the role involves converting new business opportunities into fee paying jobs, project planning/management/organisation, client management, international travel, supervising and managing a team, coordinating tasks with the finance, sales, logistics and retail teams and controlling the budget. People management is integral to the role and covers recruitment, policy management, disciplinary actions, promotions and leave authorisation.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER:
- Managing the design team
- Being the main point of contact for Clients across all projects
- Connecting the directions given by the Director and the Creative Director with the Clients Brief to deliver projects that are appropriate and outstanding
- Ensuing that projects are delivered within the agreed fee, successfully managing variations and changes as and when they occur
- Reporting directly to the Director, the Managing Director and Creative Director on all aspects of Design Research Studio
- Setting internal programmes and overseeing the delivery of all projects to make sure that the meet the programme and Clients expectations
- Ensuring that projects are effectively resourced
- Identifying opportunities and converting them into fee paying projects to ensure the continued and successful growth of the department
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE OF THE SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER:
- 8+ year's experience working in a senior position with an Interior Design or Architectural practice on international projects
- Great understanding UK building regulations and standards
- Proven background in delivering a range of hospitality, residential and workplace projects
- Managed a team of 6+ designers and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD and ideally Revit
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent hand sketching.
If you are interested in finding out more about this Interior Senior Interior Designer role then please get in touch with Deborah D'Silva or apply online.
Please ensure you send both your CV & portfolio when applying for this job.
Adrem are specialists in Interior Design jobs.
Apply for Senior Interior Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly