Social Media Content Creator / Editor
Truffle are searching for a permanent Social Media Content Creator / Editor to join this well funded social startup - you may be Junior (with experience) or Mid level with an interesting and fun background in social content creation and management. This is a truly exciting to opportunity to carve out a path never before walked and create super fun and engaging content for this new online community.
This is the start of a unique new venture with strong backing from big players in the tech and publishing world, the platform will be a new place for users to engage based on common interests and common schooling.
The Social Media Content Creator / Editor will have responsibility for fostering conversation and building friendly communities of smart, engaged professionals. They will create and post content such as interviews, photo stories, videos and user-generated content. You will be responsible for creating an engaging world within an online community through fun copywriting and creating interesting content.
You will encourage and highlight user contributions, curate content from social media, respond to comments and facilitate conversations. Whilst always keeping the tone playful, risky in parts and most of all fun.
Successful candidates will be strong writers with natural, open conversational styles, possibly from publishing backgrounds. They'll be creative storytellers who enjoy experimenting with mobile storytelling and photography apps and platforms. They are talented at taking photos and shooting video, as their Instagram accounts will show.
They will care that the content they create resonates with their audience and delivers results. Professional experience managing social media accounts, including trend spotting and data monitoring, is an advantage.
Key skills and experience
- A passion for social media! You will have a natural interest in the developments of social/digital media and a drive to learn more and try new things.
- Love of and enthusiastic participation in online communities in general with an enormous comfort level communicating online - must be hands-on
- Self-starter, able to manage own workload, keep to deadlines and deliver results
- Strong written English and good grammar (English degree an advantage)
- A great personality and ability to get on with a wide range of people
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with social media, social engagement or online community management
- Experience with image and video editing software is an advantage
- Experience with social monitoring and reporting tools is an advantage
- Comfortable using office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation apps)
- Full, clean driving licence
To find out more about the unique opportunity get in touch with Mishel at Truffle today!