Head of Industrial Design
As leaders in the fitness field, this company began as suppliers of great looking gym equipment and have grown substantially, now offering a unique solution to the fitness industry: Facility design and marketing; innovative and colourful functional training equipment and flooring; ongoing instructor programming and training.
With a steady increase in business, they are seeking an experienced individual to lead their product design team.
You will be working closely with the Product Development Team, presenting ideas at various stages of the design process, including budget costs. After meeting with external clients, you will be producing concept ideas and developing the most effective ideas into GA drawings using Cinema 4D and SolidWorks. You will also be responsible for researching into market trends, considering gaps in the market, making the products reliable, safe and visually attractive and finding environmentally friendly methods to produce them. Commercially aware you will be compiling budget cost reports for purchase and sale, completing Product DNA sheets and adhering to UK and International specifications to confirm compliance.
Person / Experience Required:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Product Design
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in Product Design
- Experience and sound knowledge in Cinema 4D and SolidWorks
- Proven design flair and a creative eye for shape and colour
- An understanding of different materials (especially steel, plastic and foam) and production methods
- Technical, practical and engineering / scientific knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
- The ability to work out costings and work to budgets
- Excellent planning and organizational skills