NPI Senior Design Manager
NPI Senior Design Manager / London / £55k+ / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Household Accessories, Kitchen Appliances and Accessories, Cookware and Cooking Utensils, Lifestyle, Invention, Ideation, Solidworks, ProEngineer, Keyshot.
This is an exciting and career defining opportunity for a talented and experienced Industrial Designer to join a London based, globally recognised household name in the world of contemporary consumer products and a major player in the global retail market. With new ranges launching twice yearly, the company has won multiple awards for their innovative products and trend driven design.
The role requires you to be heavily involved in the management of the New Product Innovation team, guiding the team in taking ideas from initial concepts through development to delivery. You will be responsible for the design, development and management of highly inventive, patentable products that are truly unique in the market.
The ideal candidate is highly creative innovator with sound leadership skills who challenge conventional thinking, whilst keeping your ideas grounded in commercial reasoning that can be communicated and proven.
THE SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER JOB
- Play a major part in the growth of the brands internal, multidisciplinary design and engineering team.
- Focused on developing inventive, high revenue products to launch into target growth categories.
- Taking ideas from initial concept, through design development, to delivery.
- Refine and validate technical and functional capabilities of concept through proof of concept prototyping.
- Getting hands on to generate inventive, 'big idea' solutions.
- Communicating with other design and business departments.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively throughout the team.
ABOUT THE SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER
- 2:1 or above Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Engineering or related course.
- Around 8 years' experience creating bold and inventive ideas.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience in creating patentable products is highly desirable.
- Your portfolio should clearly show your inventive nature, and the process you follow to uncover insight and develop a product through to production.
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks or ProEngineer and Keyshot.
- Enthusiastic hands-on approach and experience in proof of concept prototyping.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.