We are looking for a motivating and inspiring leader to join us as Creative Manager to line-manage, steer and empower our in-house multidisciplinary creative delivery team, working closely with Production. You will help assign tasks to the team and manage external creative agencies that will be delivering smaller creative projects.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing and Fundraising divisions exist to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Creative Manager you will ensure all expert creative professionals have a manageable well-balanced workload that grows their subject matter expertise and makes the greatest impact for children. You will provide career development opportunities and growth for our eight expert creative practitioners whilst also building relationships with our outsourcing partners and successfully managing the delivery of the outsourced projects. Providing our Fundraising Division with the expertise and guidance they need, ensuring alignment with brand and content, you will be an expert in the Save the Children brand, actively promoting and developing it. In addition you will:
- Manage performance through developing annual work plans for both your team and individual staff, monitoring work through regular supervision and annual appraisals
- Develop your team through training, nurturing creatively and promoting a positive and energetic working culture
- Keep up to date with current trends in the field of creative content creation and be committed to personal development appropriate to the role
- Ensure you are familiar with children’s rights issues
To be successful in this role you will have substantial experience and demonstrable success in managing a creative studio and thrive on managing people and making them thrive. With demonstrable knowledge of offline and digital platforms, you will also have knowledge of how creative content is effectively used for marketing, campaigning and media to access to large audience. Excellent stakeholder management skills are essential, along with demonstrable success delivering high quality content in a variety of media for marketing purposes. In addition you must have:
- Solid knowledge of the ethical issues facing those who create visual content and experience dealing with those issues in real world situations
- Experience of staff management including the ability to motivate a team, set priorities, achievable work plans and evaluate progress
- Commitment to support cross-organisational initiatives
- Experience working for an international organisation and knowledge of international development issues.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 18th July 2017