Head of User Experience
Head of UX
The Head of UX will have the fantastic opportunity of working for one of the leading Educational tech companies in the UK. You will have the amazing opportunity of helping thousands of schools provide a better education for millions of children across the country, thus having an influence on the next generation of UK citizens.
As the Head of UX, you will be responsible for the discovery, design, and delivery of outstanding user experiences across the client's websites and mobile applications. These will meet business and user needs to drive the successful acquisition and retention of customers.
The Head of UX will be reporting into the CTO and will be working with a fantastic team of developers and project managers with the opportunity of adding to the team and building it out if need be.
Discovery & understanding the client's users
* Use data, tests and a market knowledge to intimately understand the users and their needs
* Facilitate and lead discovery workshops on new developments and iterations to existing products
* Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback from data and users
* Support the evolution and implementation of a consistent UX strategy across websites and mobile applications
* Advise on tools and methods to be used to ensure user's characteristics and tasks are always catered for
* Advise on interpretation of the client's branding for new digital environments.
* Always put our users and their needs at the centre of UX decisions, paying particular attention to the profile and diversity of user segments across our membership
* Ensure that UX supports and contributes to the broader strategy and success of the business
* Continuously evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of our online products and services, exploring and suggesting UX improvements
* Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
* Translate wider business strategies into actionable design roadmaps, steering product and brand definition and direction and owning success metrics
Prototyping & creating wireframes
* Translate complex user and business requirements into elegant, effective user experiences that will drive business success
* Establish and drive a culture of validated and data-driven UX, through prototyping, in-house and remote usability testing, market and client validation sessions, and A/B testing
* Create, share and collaborate on sketches, wireframes and prototypes, to iterate towards finalised designs and user flows
Communication and collaboration with colleagues
* Engage internal stakeholders and communicate designs and recommendations in a captivating way
* Lead and educate other areas of the business in UX practices
* Collaborate effectively with colleagues across a range of functions, including developers, product and project managers, testers, marketing, and editorial teams
* Commercial and demonstrable experience of UX design from initial concepts through to implementation
* Strong knowledge and experience using UX design software which includes experience of UX for mobile apps
* Experience leading on the discovery and definition of UX solutions
* Experience of using analytics and data to understand and improve user journeys
* Experience of working with or in schools
If interested please apply directly to Gareth at email@example.com // 02078457224
Apply for Head of User Experience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly