Support Engineer / West London / £25k - £35k / Permanent
Skills: Industrial Design, Engineer, Mechanical, Electronics, Design for Manufacture, Transport, Cycling, Solidworks
A world-renowned manufacturer of personal transport products requires a Support Engineer to work closely with Quality, Technical Support and Manufacturing staff to ensure current production is kept lean and efficient. The support Engineer, will be based in the brands West London site where they will take charge of projects focused on quality improvement, cost down and design for manufacture.
THE SUPPORT ENGINEER JOB
- Analyse quality concerns raised through technical support and customer feedback.
- Redesign or modify existing parts.
- Work with the production team to assess line efficiency and redesign parts and assemblies to improve work flow.
- Identify inefficiencies in products and apply new technologies or processes in order to keep part costs down, ensuring or improvement in product specification.
- Production of detailed engineering drawings to control manufacture of products.
- Test and demonstrate ideas through early prototyping in the workshop.
- Communicate ideas through sketching.
- Demonstrate a creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design process.
ABOUT THE SUPPORT ENGINEER
- A degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Product Design Engineering or equivalent.
- A recent graduate or up to 3 years industry experience.
- Proven working experience of designing and delivering robust manufactured products.
- Experience in applying FEA is an advantage.
- Competent in 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred).
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prioritise tasks and coordinate with other teams.
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to make judgements on cost and value.