Senior Designer (temp to perm)
Well-known food retail brand is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Graphic Designer. You will become part of the Marketing Team working with various departments and store branches to ensure the success of the company.
The company is expanding fast with two new stores in NYC and one in Manhattan recently.
The ideal candidate will be available for an immediate start to take on a freelance position which will go permanent after a few weeks.
- Seasonal campaign planning, development and execution.
- Development of visual concepts across the business portfolio; There are three brands in total so work will include presentations, layouts and mock-ups through to successful execution.
- Enforcing brand standards and execution across all channels and across the business; includes packaging, signage, digital, POS and external media.
- Develop a tone of voice and visual identity for the portfolio of brands.
- Preparing artwork for both digital and print.
- Manage external agencies, through briefing and consultation, ensuring an effective output of quality work.
- Steering the research and development of ideas. Keeping up to date with both industry and broader creative trends.
- Updating content on the Wasabi website and its social media channels.
- Researching materials, processes and market requirements.
- Adept at working with senior stakeholders, with the ability to respond to both formal and spoken briefs.
- Adept at presenting conceptual and completed work to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc.) on the MAC OS platform.
- Deep understanding of design & typography principles.
- Knowledge of print production.
- Photo and image editing and retouching experience.
- Technically proficient, sufficient to handle a wide range of artwork setup requirements; eg. packaging and digital.
- Able to take design briefs and follow them through from concept stage to completion.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines up to high standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Copywriting and proofing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously whilst working to tight deadlines.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum five years’ experience.
- Previous design experience within a food retail environment is preferred, though not essential. Candidates with suitable agency experience would be considered.
- Design or Fine Art qualification preferred, ideally to degree level.
- Experience in managing the broad marketing mix, specifically POS, digital (online and social media), packaging, campaign management and advertising, either inhouse or agency.
- Commercially aware and able to demonstrate key marketing experience, with a proven track record.
- Photography direction preferred.
- Creative and able to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Dynamic individual and a great team player.
- A pro-active attitude with a willingness to learn on the job.
This is a fantastic opportunity to for a much loved and growing brand. Good hours, lots of benefits & opportunities for travel as well as make a big impact in the world of retail brands.