Business Development Manager
Who we are:
We craft brand experience.
Prop Studios, and our sister division, FormRoom, is an award-winning retail design agency established in 1979 and based in London. Working directly for high-end brands such as Selfridges, Ted Baker and Magnum alongside exciting new brands such as Facegym, Charlotte Tilbury and Mon Purse. We specialise in creating brand experiences through Insight & Strategy, Branding & Communication and Experience Design & Implementation.
What we're looking for:
The Business Development Manager works closely with and supports the Managing Director to maximise income through obtaining new business. As part of a small, dynamic and passionate team, you will be naturally suited to working in a supportive, motivating and inclusive environment.
Able to work on their own initiative, the ideal candidate will have a positive and commercial approach and the confidence to put forward their own ideas. As the strategic driver, you will analyse industry trends and consumer behaviour to inform new business acquisition. A confident communicator, you will establish and develop relationships with clients, as your main role will be to drive business opportunities. You will always consider the bigger picture of the business and strive to achieve profitable company growth. Experience of small business development is essential. An understanding and passion for the creative and retail industries is also essential.
You will be responsible for bringing in new project briefs by targeting new business. News Business Opportunities can be identified through existing databases and by analysing industry trends. You will book new client/brief meetings for our Project Managers and obtain new briefs for our team to quote to meet monthly turnover targets.
Forge strong ongoing relationships with clients ensuring full understanding of their business and campaigns maintaining regular contact.
Management & Research
Overseeing our Marketing Strategy and ensuring our Marketing Plan is implemented. Putting forward strategic suggestions to raise the company’s profile.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in small business development, at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong small business understanding and sales focused
- A positive, open team player
- Retail industry experience essential
- Working knowledge and experience in digital marketing including; SEO, PPC and Google Analytics
- Highly efficient, organised, a strong planner, problem solver with great time management/prioritisation skills
- An ability to work on a large number of tasks at any one time under tight deadlines, working under pressure
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and in Wordpress an advantage
- A degree/similar qualifications in an appropriate field advantageous
* Annual bonus scheme with a base rate of £5k - which can (and regularly does) increase on performance
* Private Health Insurance with Vitality (inc. 50% of Virgin gyms, free cinema tickets, private Skype GP etc.)
* Paid one-month sabbatical for every 3 years employment
* 2% Pension Contribution (higher than legal standard, and looking to continue increasing by year)
* Regular paid lunches, coffees and drinks with the team
* Company laptop or iPad and phone
* Positive, motivating and caring leadership
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly