Middleweight to Senior Product Designer
Creative Design & Production
Recruitment of Mid to Senior Designer
Title: Middleweight to Senior Product Designer
Salary: £25-35k p/a + bonus + benefits
Location: London, E1
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
Inkorporate is a product design and production agency that creates, develops and manufactures equipment, serves and visibility pieces specifically for the premium drinks sector. The company is made up of drinks industry experts, leading creative and industrial designers and a network of specialist manufacturing facilities. Together we produce some of the most recognised products for bartenders and premium spirit brands including Absolut, Tanqueray, Chivas Regal, Don Julio and Grey Goose.
We are currently looking for exceptional design talent to join our dynamic and growing East London team. We work across multiple projects simultaneously, meaning that the work is both varied and time-sensitive. We provide a relaxed, friendly environment and support individual career development alongside that of the company.
Attracting design talent is crucial to maintaining Inkorporate’s position as a leading product design agency for the international drinks industry. Having a strong background in product and packaging design for luxury brands, the candidate will be involved in the creation and development of products as well as packaging all the way through to manufacture. The role requires designers to work at a quick pace and make intelligent design decisions in relation to the client’s brand as well as manufacturing feasibility. Good project management skills are required, as is the ability to support the wider team whilst being able to work successfully with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic creative, with at least five-years-experience as a professional product designer. They will have experience of working in a similar role, be a confident communicator and have a forensic eye for detail. Experience of working with manufacturers is crucial, as is a solid knowledge of materials, manufacturing techniques and a good understanding on the impact these have on design. They must be able to perceive an individual brand’s character and know how to reflect this through design. They should be creatively and technically adaptable with a strong background in taking a hands-on approach to managing multiple, varied and sometimes complex projects.
- Understanding design briefs, brand guidelines, design targets, project costings and project critical paths.
- Quick sketching of ideas and refined sketch work rendered using Photoshop and presented using InDesign.
- Presentation of ideas to management, other team members and clients.
- Working closely with sales, production, technicians and management teams on projects.
- Off-site visits to review venue specifications in relation to specific projects.
- Research and development including testing and simple mock-ups.
- 3D CAD modelling (Solidworks) for manufacture.
- CAD technical drawings (Solidworks) and artwork files (Illustrator) for manufacture.
- Basic and advanced rendered visuals. (Keyshot and refined in Photoshop).
- QC of samples and pre-production samples. QC document creation using InDesign.
- Management and creation of complex artwork and packaging files using Illustrator.
- Proficient time-management and neat file management. Keeping admin work up to date.
- Handling multiple design projects at one time.
- Efficient liaising with manufacturers in multiple countries
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in product/industrial design (or similar)
- Minimum 5 years of design experience in a similar role.
- Have a strong portfolio with a range of work that demonstrates high level creative thinking and an understanding of brand.
- Have a good sketching ability.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient using Solidworks (CAD).
- Able to render using Keyshot (Render).
- Experience designing luxury packaging.
- Have experience working and liaising with manufacturers. Have a good understanding of manufacturing techniques and how these will impact on design.
- Enthusiastic, creative with innovative and original ideas.
- Ambitious and driven.
- Ability to generate innovative concepts and original ideas within the boundaries/
- limitations of a specific brief, being able to adapt his/her style to the brand image.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and interpersonal.
- Be able to show initiative, motivation good time keeping and problem solving skills.
- Display an interest and understanding of brand visual identities/aesthetics and the drink industry.
- Experienced in effectively dealing with people from a variety of different countries and cultural backgrounds
- Proficient at setting priorities: taking-into-account the short and long-term needs of the business.
- Detail-orientated and calm under pressure, with the ability to multitask and see projects through.
- Self-starter - willing to take a ‘hands-on’ approach.
- Good at negotiating and dealing with numbers.
- Results orientated and open to taking on new responsibilities to drive the business forward
Please send your CV, sample portfolio (5MB max) and possible start date via the Apply button.
No agencies please. Due to the volume of enquiries we are unable to reply to all applicants therefore if you don’t hear from us your application has not been successful.