Product Design Engineer - Toys & Games
Product Design Engineer / Project Manager - Toys & Games
A Product Design Engineer / Project Manager, with experience in mechanism development, is needed to join the UK’s largest independent toy and games group. Working from their Guildford office, the Product Design Engineer / Project Manager will provide the vital link between toy development and the engineering design process.
With a turnover of over £80 million, offices in France, Germany and Hong Kong and an enviable portfolio that includes Disney, Nickelodeon, Crayola, Drummond Park and a diverse range of in-house brands, this fast moving, entrepreneurial business truly works with the hottest brands in toys and games. A rare opportunity has arisen for a Product Design Engineer / Project Manager to join their talented team.
Reporting to the R&D manager the Product Designer Engineer / Project Manager will join a dynamic design team developing the latest toys from conception through to production. Whether you are advising on design; analysing all product costs; supporting product briefs and design specifications; managing project schedules; troubleshooting initial concepts / designs; contributing to brainstorm sessions; supporting prototype development or liaising with external suppliers, licensors or media companies it will be your excellent, creative and organisation skills that ensures this leading company remains top of its game.
To qualify… You should be a Product Design Engineer / Product Designer / Project Manager / Product Coordinator / Creative Project Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar Product Design / Engineering role;
- An understanding of plastic and injection moulding as well as general production techniques;
- Good mechanism development experience;
- You are an organised multi-tasker that enjoys a varied workload with a pro-active 'can do' attitude;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong Photoshop & Illustrator skills;
- Excellent team working and communication skills - written and verbal;
- The desire to learn and progress;
- The willingness to travel internationally.
In return, Product Design Engineer / Project Manager can expect an energetic team, passionate about the products they make, a rewarding environment and excellent benefits such as a discretionary bonus, pension, 25 days holiday, health care and much more. Get in touch...