Our client based in Hertford holds the passionate belief that the fusion of creativity and technology delivers fantastic live experiences. For over a decade, this passion combined with the creative talent in our team has seen us grow significantly. They work with exciting, high profile brands and have received industry recognition for the events we have delivered. They know this says something about who we are. Our clients standards are high. The entire team is ambitious: for their clients, their projects and themselves. A team ethic embodies everything they do. Our client are in it together: professional in their approach, passionate about what they do, pro-active in their relationships and proud of the work they deliver for their like-minded clients.
An exciting role for someone that’s an experienced Office Manager who wants to come and make a difference to the team.
With premises in both Hertford and London, the role is key to the smooth running of our busy offices and requires excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and a positive, adaptable approach. The jobholder will be expected to take the initiative to manage, maintain and improve the office environment.
This is very much a “hands-on” role which includes some front of house duties, general office administration, H&S, I.T and some HR Administration plus facilities management for both the our clients sites.
Support is in place from the Office Assistant, who the Office Manager will manage and mentor.
The position offers great variety and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with a lively team.
The ideal candidate will be a confident manager, practical, energetic and enthusiastic with a flexible approach. There will be a need to work closely with all teams across our clients group.
• Alongside the Office Assistant, you will be the “face of company” providing a reception service which delivers a professional and welcoming first impression of the Company.
• Shared duties with the Office Assistant include: receiving visitors, answering the phone taking messages, booking and preparing meeting rooms, making refreshments for visitors, reserving car park spaces and dealing with incoming & outgoing post
Office Management & Administration
• Provide high quality office support enabling colleagues to focus on their core responsibilities
• Maintain central calendars and oversee the weekly desk plans for both sites
• Proactively manage and coordinate meeting room bookings for both sites
• Provide administrative support to senior management and Directors as required
• Oversee internal and freelance contact lists, ensuring they are updated regularly
• Assist with training & co-ordination of office administration at both offices, as required
• Help organise Company meetings
Management of Office Assistant
• Oversee standards & delivery of a wide variety of routine office administration tasks required of the Office Assistant, primarily the delivery of an excellent front of house service to both clients and the team
• Act as a mentor to the Office Assistant, assisting with their development
• Actively promote and facilitate effective communication between London and HQ
• Ensure that office support is delivered to the same high standards in both locations
• Help co-ordinate scheduling of weekly desk plan for London
• Assist with any preparation and planning required when busy or for client meetings.
• Offer assistance to the team with scheduling requirements for meetings
• Manage requirements & organise cover for both offices
• Plan & coordinate facilities management for both sites
• Supervise daily checks of HQ to ensure equipment is working correctly & premises are in good order
• Prioritise and devise solutions on how to address in a cost effective manner
• Oversee the management of facilities contracts, ensuring contractors offer the best value & services
• Plan ahead to prepare comparative quotes annually/prior to contract renewal
• Coordinate planned and reactive building maintenance, being aware of H&S requirements & sustainability
• Provide support to the HR Manager which will include recruitment, onboarding & HR software
• Take full responsibility for overseeing the purchase of office supplies
Health and Safety
• Organise H&S meetings, including writing agendas, taking minute and driving agreed actions
• Maintain accurate Health and Safety records, e.g. training, accidents, risk assessments
• Implement regular Health and Safety Audits, e.g. Health and Safety policy review, risk assessments etc
• Be responsible for implementation of premises legislation, ensuring our client are compliant in First Aid, Fire and other office emergency procedures & monitor safe working practices at both premises
• Purchase and monitor the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment and clothing for the team
• Co-ordinate and provide support for projects, including; organise meetings, take minutes & chase actions
• Co-ordination of & administrator for the Business Continuity Plan
• Ensure plan is regularly reviewed, updating as necessary
• Be a key player in promoting and implementing the Business Continuity Plan
• Daily back up of the server, be responsible for secure off-site storage of daily tapes and on-going on-site storage in tape safe, maintaining stock of back-up tapes, as required
• Annual archiving of old job folders from the server
Experience & Skills
• Ideally has worked in a media agency or similar environment
• Previous knowledge and proven experience of all aspects of office management including H&S, I.T. administration and facilities
• Previous experience of managing a team or assistant
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and willing to work with a rapidly changing set of priorities
• Strong attention to detail
Please apply with a up to date CV