Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Designers combine relentless curiosity and passion for sport to transform the insights of athletes into innovations that advance human potential. A diverse community with expertise in apparel, footwear and graphic design as well as color experts, material designers, communicators and conceptual thinkers, Nike Design delivers innovation to athletes from insight to in-store and beyond. Like the athletes Nike serves, its designers constantly seek to raise the bar, knowing that in the pursuit of greatness, there is no finish line.
As our Color Designer I, you'll develop innovative color design options and partner with category cross-functional groups to create premium products and collections from concept to retail presentation. You'll determine the category-specific direction of color and lead color blocking strategies and stories on a seasonal basis. You'll also research and deliver color, design, market and lifestyle trends that impact the product category process from product briefing to sales samples; collaborate with our Materials Designer and Design, Product Marketing and Development teams to focus color solutions for market success; and finalize product details, including the color execution for each product. In addition, you'll review all samples to achieve marketable solutions and maintain color calendar timelines and deadlines in order to ensure the timely completion of each product.
- Elevates the Nike product experience with a focus on both the art & science of Color. Drive color excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing.
- Brings to life the seasonal category color direction that is trend relevant to the category consumer.
- Color Designer in training.
- Implements category color strategy with senior color design team.
- Maintains archives of line art, (CDM, PIM)
- Plans and executes the product color details and reviews samples and clearly communicates changes to ensure timely completion of each project.
- Maintains color updates and seasonal looks.
- Produces best expression and merchandising tools.
- Builds awareness of current color trends, through fashion, art, design and sports-related products through market research to keep abreast of consumer needs.
- Provides color support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Art or a related field with 1-4 years' relevant experience or an Associate's of Art degree from an accredited art school with
- Passion for sports
- 4 years' experience in a design environment working with colors, palette development and/or color trends and footwear.
- Strong passion and knowledge for consumer and product trends.
- Knowledge of the footwear product design and development process
- Familiarity with product manufacturing processes, including materials, fabrics, plastics and pigments
- Macintosh computer experience, including Photoshop, Illustrator skills
- Strong passion and experience for digital development
- Thorough knowledge of art and design with a clear understanding of visual design concepts including color mixing, color compatibility and color placement
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00330278
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.