Head of International Sales - Contemporary Furniture Design Brand
A highly acclaimed, innovative design firm who are well known for designing and manufacturing a unique collection of contemporary designer furniture is looking for a Head of International Sales.
The company is widely recognised for working with leading designers, architects and artists and producing contemporary design-led furniture.
The Head of International Sales will work to focus on expanding existing business and developing new sales channels through dealerships, retailers and A&D clients.
The role will involve:
- Driving worldwide sales and business development with a high degree of autonomy, reporting directly to company directors and leading a small sales support team.
- Manage customer relationships at all levels and extend the customer base by finding new agents, distributors and direct clients in the company’s priority target markets
- Maximise the sales, margin, turnover and volume with the existing and new customers
- Define account plans for big prospects and customers in order to prioritize the day to day customer related activities
- Implement account strategy for major customers
- Propose payment terms per country/customer and follow payment issues
- Understand and focus on customers´ needs in supply, quality and product development
- Ensure the best service possible is given to customers by working effectively with production and logistics
- Follow up on disputes and commercial complaints together with the customer service office in order to assure positive and profitable customer relations
- Seek and analyse market feedback and provide it to senior management in a timely and succinct fashion
- Compile sales KPI reporting (weekly/monthly) and participate in sales performance review discussions with senior management
- Take charge of organising the company presentation in the trade fairs in conjunction with the marketing manager (Salone del Mobile Milan, London Design Festival for example)
- Involvement in the marketing strategy, drafting and distribution of sales material
The company is looking for an applicant with strong sales experience in the design industry, preferably with a furniture background but this is not strictly necessary. You will need an affinity towards the design industry and luxury goods market and a strong commercial acumen. This will need to be combined with excellent negotiation skills and a fluency in English. Another European language would be beneficial.
The company is offering a competitive basic plus commission based on experience. Please get in touch for further information and a confidential discussion.
Apply for Head of International Sales - Contemporary Furniture Design Brand
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly