Graduate Design, Colour and Print Trainee
Fortune 500 integrated communications provider are looking for a Graduate Design graduate to undertake a Trainee role in Design, Colour and Print. This is a role which will offer a highly attractive salary, full training in the print technical process, longevity and progression potential and requires someone with a strong understanding of design and creative process. This role is key to the business in bridging the gap of knowledge between the creative/design process and the technical print process and will involve travelling to multiple sites nationwide providing sound advice, and taking a pragmatic and print focused approach.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learn the end to end transactional/Direct Mail print methodologies
- Produce any necessary images for print production
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and first point of contact for Print/Design issues
- Accompany Business Support Manager to client meetings
- Preparation of all necessary client support materials/collateral
- Closely liaise with a variety of departments to work on external and internal projects
- Create and maintain best practice documentation in relation to Design/Print capabilities
- Be responsible for own workload and proactive with internal and external clients.
- Ensure positive working relationships with client and third party Design Agencies and Marketing Teams
- Support all Production Site management by ensuring all image creation and manipulation meets the client and Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Support all client facing teams when dealing with Design/Print issues
- Act as knowledge repository and work closely with software composition tools to ensure highest quality print standards are maintained
- Estimate print production costs in a timely manner and in line with client contracts
- Closely work with Procurement Team in the assessment and functionality of differing paper grades and their associated functionality
- Foster working relationships and influence with Paper manufacturers and look to understand future developments and their effect on High Speed Digital Inkjet Print
- Produce timely and accurate daily, weekly, and monthly MI, and submit as required
- Ensure all Health and Safety related activity (including any risk assessments) are carried out in line with Company Policies
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with key suppliers
- An understanding of client expectation in the Graphic and Print environments
- Excellent knowledge and ability in all Adobe Creative Cloud products, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro and Enfocus Pitstop.
- Strong and demonstrable Graphic Design skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office based products
- Degree (or equivalent) educated preferably in Graphic/Communication Design
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Willingness to learn and retain knowledge.
- Strong organisational and effective time management skills.
- Lead change with a positive approach
- Ability to define estimated job costs and complete monthly statistical analysis and produce and present Management Information detail.
- Candidates shortlisted will be asked to undertake a competency based assessment.
For more information apply now. Please note due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Apply for Graduate Design, Colour and Print Trainee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly