Graduate Design, Colour and Print Trainee
Fortune 500 integrated communications provider are looking for a Graduate Design graduate to undertake a Trainee role in Design, Colour and Print. This is a role which will offer a highly attractive salary, full training in the print technical process, longevity and progression potential and requires someone with a strong understanding of design and creative process. This role is key to the business in bridging the gap of knowledge between the creative/design process and the technical print process and will involve travelling to multiple sites nationwide providing sound advice, and taking a pragmatic and print focused approach.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learn the end to end transactional/Direct Mail print methodologies
- Produce any necessary images for print production
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and first point of contact for Print/Design issues
- Accompany Business Support Manager to client meetings
- Preparation of all necessary client support materials/collateral
- Closely liaise with a variety of departments to work on external and internal projects
- Create and maintain best practice documentation in relation to Design/Print capabilities
- Be responsible for own workload and proactive with internal and external clients.
- Ensure positive working relationships with client and third party Design Agencies and Marketing Teams
- Support all Production Site management by ensuring all image creation and manipulation meets the client and Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Support all client facing teams when dealing with Design/Print issues
- Act as knowledge repository and work closely with software composition tools to ensure highest quality print standards are maintained
- Estimate print production costs in a timely manner and in line with client contracts
- Closely work with Procurement Team in the assessment and functionality of differing paper grades and their associated functionality
- Foster working relationships and influence with Paper manufacturers and look to understand future developments and their effect on High Speed Digital Inkjet Print
- Produce timely and accurate daily, weekly, and monthly MI, and submit as required
- Ensure all Health and Safety related activity (including any risk assessments) are carried out in line with Company Policies
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with key suppliers
- An understanding of client expectation in the Graphic and Print environments
- Excellent knowledge and ability in all Adobe Creative Cloud products, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro and Enfocus Pitstop.
- Strong and demonstrable Graphic Design skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office based products
- Degree (or equivalent) educated preferably in Graphic/Communication Design
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Willingness to learn and retain knowledge.
- Strong organisational and effective time management skills.
- Lead change with a positive approach
- Ability to define estimated job costs and complete monthly statistical analysis and produce and present Management Information detail.
- Candidates shortlisted will be asked to undertake a competency based assessment.
For more information apply now. Please note due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.