Business Development Director
A crucial role within a high-end interior design studio requires a truly dynamic sales individual, capable of developing business within the high-end interior design arena.
You will direct the activities of the studio by having knowledge and expertise to negotiate and network for potential clients across all sectors such as hospitality, commercial, residential and retail.
In order to develop and drive new business and brand awareness, you will have responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities, providing market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
With your main objective being to drive increased revenue and profit for the business through the acquisition of high-end interior design projects on a global scale, you should have the below skills and responsibilities -
Responsibilities of the role
- Identifying new sales leads
- Pitching products and/or services
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company's products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills
- Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
Requirements of the role
Ability to work independently assisting the organization in acquiring new clientele and selling additional services to existing clientele.
Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
Must have experience of working within the hospitality, commercial, residential, retail and design sectors.
Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Have the ability to write commercial pitches and proposals tailored to individual meetings or personnel.
Required Skill Set
To be an effective business development executive, an individual must be:
- Socially adept
- Good with numbers
- Able to provide quality leadership to a large team of sales people
The skills you need to excel in this position include:
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Apply for Business Development Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly