Hospitality Project Designer
With an impressive 30 year track record delivering luxury Interior Design and Architecture projects, the practice leads the residential and hospitality industries in the UK an internationally.
With an easily recognisable style, they have always been a synonym of elegance and glamour. Their enviable portfolio includes projects in England, Ireland, USA, South America, Africa and Asia. Currently working on some extraordinary hospitality schemes, they are looking for a Project Designer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will report to Senior Designers and will support the Associate Directors on the day to day delivery of projects, signing off draft, liaising with clients and managing junior members of staff.
Role & Responsibilities
- Concept development in conjunction with management
- Project managing the day to day development and preparation of scheme designs
- Overseeing the workflow and deliverables for junior staff
- Supporting management with day to day planning process
- Liaising with key team members and clients on a regular basis
- Day to day liaison with contractors, sub-contractors, local authorities and all other relevant personnel
- Preparing and submitting planning applications, tender documentation and licensing drawings
- Day to day liaison with client and prepare and ensure monthly report on project progress
- Delegating tasks and activities to Mid-Designers and below
- Providing feedback to help improve performance of junior staff as appropriate
- Conducting first round interviews for Mid-Designers and below
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in Interior Design, Furniture Design or Architecture
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the high-end sector
- Technical understanding of architectural design
- Ability to interpret briefings correctly
- Effective delegation skills
- Ability to build strong effective working relationships, internally and externally
- Ability to visualise other people’s ideas
- An understanding of target markets
- Good understanding of current trends in the design industry
- Knowledge of product design and materials
- Sketching and drawing skills
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD 2D/3D, MS Word & Excel
Salary & Package
Up to £40,000. Negotiable for outstanding candidates.
- £250 for a creative pursuit of choice
- Friday workshops + breakfast
- Early finish on Fridays during the summer (July-August)
- Monthly Drinks
- Professional fees; RIBA, ACCA, CIPD
- Interest free Season Ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Job Ref: 8742
Hunter Dunning = Project Designer Jobs – Your Interior Design Recruitment Specialists