Deputy Design Manager
Deputy Design Manager
EURO PACKAGING UK LTD - Birmingham
Are you an experienced leader with a proven track record of people management?
Do you thrive on a hands-on approach to product design and development?
Are you passionate about delivering new products and innovations to market?
Are you ambitious, driven and motivated by achieving multiple goals simultaneously?
We are one of Europe’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of an extensive range of packaging and consumable products, servicing an enviable portfolio of international blue chip retailers. Setting us apart from our competition is our commitment to product design and innovation, and we are now looking to expand this award-winning creative resource with an outstanding Deputy Design Manager to support the Product Development Director in driving the team and business strategies and targets.
Title: Deputy Design Manager
Reports to: Product Development Director
As Deputy Design Manager, you will be tasked with multiple leadership, management and product design and development challenges to support our vision of growth into new and existing markets, through unique and innovative product solutions. Utilising your proven track record of delivering innovation to market, along with leadership, design and creative skills, you will be required to take initial headline project briefs and translate these into tangible product solutions. Under the oversight of the Product Development Director, you will be required to both take ownership of projects and/or oversee them, in addition to supporting the growth and development of the existing Design Team personnel.
This position will require you to deliver value to our business via:
- Identifying and developing unique, feasible consumable product solutions which deliver added value to our existing customers, new customers and end users.
- Cutting edge, pro-active product innovation.
- Assisting in the management of the Design Team to deliver both commercial and design led strategies and targets.
With a Bachelor Degree / Master’s Degree in Product or Industrial Design, and a minimum of 5 years industry experience (at least 2 of which spent managing teams), you will demonstrate a design portfolio which represents excellent innovation and problem-solving skills, which additionally illustrates examples of projects taken from their initial brief right through to a successful and commercially rewarding product launch. In addition, you will also be required to demonstrate:
Management skill set:
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Evidence of personnel management and team leadership.
- An ability to manage the team’s day-to-day and pipeline projects.
- Examples of proactivity and initiative, particularly focused towards new product development strategies involving push as opposed to pull marketing.
- A strong commercial acumen.
Design & client facing skill set
- A pro-active enthusiasm for all things design, combined with a passion to deliver products to market.
- An in-depth understanding of how products are manufactured, and the key cost drivers of these associated products. Whist plastic and/or paper based manufacturing is preferred, this is not essential.
- An exceptional ability and track record of identifying project opportunities and translating these ideas into a presentable format; including sketching, rendering and model making.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with outstanding attention to detail.
- A strong competency in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
We’re committed to developing our people and giving them the freedom to showcase their skill-set and abilities. If you’re creative, ambitious and have a strong urge to succeed, apply for our new vacancy now.
Please send your cover letter, CV and work examples via the Apply button.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Industry-led product design: min 5 years / People management: min 2 years