Designer / Developer
AMAZING OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH LEARNING AND PROGRESSION
Truffle are looking for a mid weight digital designer with front end development skills. You will be working for a well-established e-tailer across all digital touchpoints – web, email, mobile, video, editorial and possibly touching on brand too. You will have strong front end development skills as well as a very good folio of work to show, with attention to detail, typography and craft. Most importantly you will also be a super positive and motivated human being who wants to learn, grow and push yourself daily!
Key skills and responsibilities:
- Digital and web design – I need someone genuinely interested in web design and development (ie not really a graphic designer who designed a website once, or a UX/app designer who can solely wireframe and skin a site.)
- They need to be comfortable around HTML/CSS but we can teach them this on the job
- You will have experience in designing for least two of the following areas. digital; motion; UX; web; email.
- You will have experience of front-end development and will be able to code in HTML and CSS
- Ability to develop simple, fast, standards-compliant, browser-based static and responsive designs.
- Understand usability and accessibility.
- User experience – understand the importance of simple user journeys
- Presentation skills. The ability to use prototypes, designs, wireframes, and other presentation material to present your work to colleagues and/or business partners.
- Brand guardianship. Ensuring that all work adheres to the brand guidelines.
- Basic responsive email design and coding using templates (service emails, Top Offers, voucher landing pages etc).
- Banner design and coding - animated and static
- Basic digital artworking; turn a design scamp into a digital-ready layout; make marked-up text corrections; run a spellcheck.
- Basic landing page layout using templates.
To hear more about this role get in touch with Mishel at Truffle Talent today!
Note: we cannot respond to everybody, if you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of applying then you’re probably not right for this job however we will keep you in mind for future opportunities.