Junior Project Manager
Our client, based in London SE is an independently owned design agency with offices and joint ventures around the world. Specialising in the design, build and implementation of innovative display, retail environments and consumer engagements for a large number of premium brands based in the UK and Worldwide. Due to continued success our client is looking to add a Junior Project Manager to their team
Purpose of the Role:
As Project Manager you will play an integral part by representing the company through faultless project management and client services.
Working alongside an Account Director, you will be assisting a major client of our clients in their local and international retail fit-outs. You will also be working with many of our other premium clients over time, and project managing the design and build for brands within major international airports. You will manage the whole stage of these projects, ensuring a thorough and methodical approach is applied at all times.
You will regularly liaise with high-end, international clients, ensuring you are calm, confident, diplomatic and professional. You will also liaise with the design team, production team and external suppliers. Being a confident communicator with all types of individuals is essential.
The role will see you work within the creative project management team and forge a relationship with your peers, ensuring you all work together to enable thorough understanding of procedures and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Production of Cost Estimates and POs for clients and suppliers.
• Running project Profit & Loss reports.
• Regular email communication to clients, ensuring they are kept informed at all times throughout the project.
• Production of strict Health & Safety documents for installations, such as Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Administering all necessary paperwork for the retail fit-outs and airport installations, liaising with all parties.
• Production of client presentation documents throughout various stages of the projects.
• Various other administration tasks as and when necessary.
Installations and Fit-Outs:
• Attending installations on various scales, both in the UK, Europe and ROW.
• Acting as Site Project Manager when on site, representing the company at all times and ensuring Health & Safety procedures are being followed and being on hand to ensure all is going to plan.
• Preparing neat, thorough and clear presentations for the client following a successful installation.
• Liaising with clients on a regular basis.
• Visiting suppliers and our production team, representing the company through being professional, presentable and a good communicator.
• Working alongside the design team in the studio, learning the different design techniques, materials used and gaining a detailed understanding of the work being produced.
• Helping out in the office as and when required.
• Any additional tasks as and when required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
• Have at least two years’ experience, ideally more, within a design-lead project management role, ideally having worked in an architects / design agency or on retail builds and fit-outs.
• Have significant client-facing experience.
• Ideally have significant design and build knowledge, understanding of materials and technical drawings.
• Possess excellent IT abilities with competent skills in the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to adapt and learn how to use new software.
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
• Fantastic organisation and multi-tasking skills.
• Have the ability to constantly engage with clients and suppliers, being extremely personable throughout.
• Have a passion for branding and retail environments with an understanding of the consumer experience.
• Be creatively minded, being a person who loves to bring ideas to the table, showing willingness to input and add value wherever possible.
• Be able to work autonomously as well as working with the team.
• Maintain a calm demeanor throughout, ensuring you do not get flustered and panic when things go wrong or the work is piling up.
• Be flexible. Sometimes long hours are necessary as well as having the ability to travel abroad as and when needed.
Please Share an up to date CV & PDF of Examples to apply for this position