Project Manager- Exhibitions ( trade shows) and events (corporate)
My client is a full service exhibition stand contractor based in a Rural location in Hertfordshire They specialise in the design and construction of custom-built exhibition stands and worldwide event logistics.
My client is a small but rapidly expanding business and they have a career opportunity for someone keen to get involved in many aspects of exhibition stand, project management and construction; a strong and experienced PM with good technical knowledge is the most likely candidate.
As an important member of the project management team, you will work on creating and subsequently delivering a variety of exhibition projects with several of the Agency's key clients. This role will include project management.
The Project Manager is responsible for implementing the complete project end to end process and has primary responsibility for ensuring the project’s objectives are delivered on time and within budget. They are responsible to the Account Director / Manager or Producer on a particular project. The Project Manager has ownership of, and responsibility for the practical implementation of the project. The Project Manager should have a comprehensive overview of all the detail involved with a project and should ensure that all aspects of the production process are implemented to The agency’s high production standards. Working with the operations team, the Project Manager has a responsibility to ensure that company resources are assigned efficiently without compromising production values.
Who are you?
- You’ll manage individual projects across a diverse range of business sectors from initial pitch through to on-site delivery and post project review.
- You’ll work with the Creative Department and Project Producer to produce pitch and proposal documents.
- You’ll push the boundaries regarding the creative interpretation of a client’ brief with the aim of exceeding their expectations.
- You’ll keep up to date with emerging technologies and new scenic construction techniques.
- You’ll attend site visits and client meetings.
- You’ll become a trusted advisor, supporting the Producer / Account Manager in all matters related to the technical delivery, scenic construction and logistics involved in the project.
- You’ll manage project budgets and to maximise profit for the company, without compromising the Agency’s event production values.
- You’ll understand the commercial structure of individual client contracts and to ensure that the project team offer a solution consistent with that contract.
- You’ll liaise between Production, Creative, Set and Technical Departments to ensure that all aspects of a project are successfully integrated and executed. Provide the communications link for all individuals and suppliers involved on a project ensuring consistency.
- You’ll ensure technical implementation and ‘set & environment’ build excellence on every project.
- You’ll assist the Account Director in managing existing accounts to a high standard and developing long-term client relationships.
- You’ll manage and contract suppliers in line with the Agency’s policies.
- You’ll assist with the continual improvement of the production processes.
- You’ll work to ISO 9001 and 20121 standards.
- You’ll ensure high safety standards are maintained for all individuals involved with the project including the Agency’s personnel, clients, venue staff and members of the public. This will involve producing Risk Assessments and Method Statements specific to the tasks involved within the project.
You’ll have Key Skills of:
- Clear Oral and Written Communication in the English Language
- Budget Management & Quotations- variable from very little to quite a lot; depending upon the job
- Time Planning & Schedules
- Managing Complex Logistics
- Commercial Awareness
- Understanding CAD drawings & Layouts with AutoCad preferably
- Technical Understanding
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Onsite management and Team leadership
- Client liaison and management
Responsible for implementing the requirements of this BMS as applicable to their remit, and as detailed in the End-to-End Client Process and Procedures, where applicable. Also responsible for ensuring that all reporting staff understand and comply with their responsibilities so that the Agency’s Policies are upheld at all times.
- You must live within easy commutable distance of the Rural Hertfordshire office with your own transport available.
- You must be able to travel throughout the UK and Europe, often at weekends and outside normal business hours.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- I have discovered that this role is more about structural engineering than anything else, you'll need to know about 'safe working loads' on rigging and winches etc. plus sound and AV knowledge
How to apply- today
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with your experience between £36K and £42K. Please email your CV and an indication of your salary expectations to Mick@wortheverypenny.co.uk
Worth Every Penny is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy and is an equal opportunities recruiter.