Creative Artworker / Junior Designer
Our client is an industry-leading, award-winning healthcare education agency based near High Wycombe. They are now looking for a Creative Artworker to join their busy Studio to help deliver exciting, clever and beautifully crafted work for a wide range of audiences. You will also be required to work in their West London office one day per week.
Our experienced Studio team is committed to delivering excellent value to our clients and to our expert partners. We are flexible and hard-working.
We are not restricted by internal processes or a focus on profit margins. This way of working differentiates us from other healthcare agencies and enables us to focus on what is important: advancing clinical practice and improving patient outcomes.
Reporting directly to the Studio Manager, the role of Creative Artworker will involve creating and delivering an excellent standard of finished artwork in line with the brief.
We are looking for someone who really enjoys contributing to the creative process and is an expert in setting up faultless artwork from scratch.
The role would suit somebody who can handle a fast-paced and diverse workload, while maintaining very high standards and delivering to deadlines.
The successful candidate will join the six-strong Studio team, working alongside the Creative Director and other Designers to accurately take chosen
concepts and designs to layout. This will include implementing copy changes and revisions, and preparing error-free artwork for print.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
The successful candidate will have:
* A further education qualification in graphic design or printing and/or strong previous experience in a similar environment
* Advanced knowledge of Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
* First-class Mac visualisation skills
* An appreciation of design and layout, and a proven track record of demonstrating creative flair
* Excellent knowledge of print and repro, including understanding of the production process from concept to the final item
* An understanding of digital design, with experience of producing assets for banners, apps and websites
* Extensive experience preparing work for print, ensuring all elements needed by the printer are present
* Experience producing high-resolution PDFs for final reproduction and checking printers' proofs
* Experience creating and editing PowerPoint presentations
* A basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
ATTRIBUTES & BEHAVIOURS
The successful candidate will be:
* Confident, with a passion for delivering great work and a desire to exceed expectations
* Able to prioritise workload and highlight potential issues early
* Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
* Extremely accurate and methodical, with a keen eye for detail
* A good communicator
* Flexible, collaborative, able to work effectively across multiple teams, and able to adopt practices efficiently
* Able to take a clear brief and ask the right questions
* Responsible and trustworthy, proofreading his/her own work for accuracy and delivery to the brief
* Proactive in seeking feedback, and then taking action to correct weaknesses while continuing to develop strengths
* Curious and inquisitive, continually developing his/her own professional knowledge and skills