Product Designer Designer / London / £28k / Permanent
Skills: Furniture, Lighting, Homeware, Home Accessories, Product Development, Product Design, Interior, Luxury, Manufacturing, Solidworks.
An established and internationally renowned interior design studio have an amazing opportunity for a talented product designer to join a dynamic and ambitious team in London. With a positive company culture that provides full support for ambitious individuals to design and develop home furniture, lighting and accessories products in line with the companies vision to bring a range of beautiful products for the home to everyone.
THE PRODUCT DESIGNER ROLE
- Working with the wider design teams and manufacturers, to design and develop furniture, lighting and home accessory products.
- Experience working in luxury and/or high end interiors market.
- Ideating and producing concepts, visualisations and prototypes.
- Able to produce DFM drawings.
- Source manufacturers, suppliers, components and parts.
- Assisting in the design and development of new collections / ranges.
- Sound knowledge and experience of using Solidworks, with ability to produce clear and informative production drawings for sign off.
- Supporting the wider in-house design teams.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGNER
- 3+ years experience in the design and development of furniture, lighting and/or homeware products.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing process and well-crafted products.
- 3D CAD Modelling in Solidworks.
- Experience producing production drawings.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Adobe CS.
- Strong sketching ability and model making skills.
- Understanding of AutoCAD.