An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Creative Artworker to join an award winning Integrated Marketing agency in Surrey. You will be working alongside a brilliant creative team across variety of Blue Chip clients.
Your background and skillset:
• Excellent CS skills, primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (Excellent skills include advanced type setting skills including an eye for tracking, leading and kerning, adjusting individual letters and lines of copy and using preflights to check work. Complex and accurate clipping paths, colour conversions and profiles in Photoshop and more complex drawing, charts and vector work in Illustrator).
• Good typography/layout skills (Good skills include amending type and layout to overcome design issues or to insure the integrity of the design. Looking at these things with a creative and informed eye. Also the removal of any widows or orphans within a document).
• Be accurate in everything you do
• Excellent attention to detail (Excellent skills include getting all amends done correctly first time, every time. Finding and fixing any technical artwork issues that may occur during the artwork process).
• Excellent communication within every member of the agency and with suppliers/clients where appropriate
• Good quality retouching skills (Good skills include extending more complex backgrounds, adding or removing simple objects and colour balancing/matching where needed).
• Good PowerPoint/Keynote presentation skills (Good skills include considered layout, transitions and complex animation)
• Basic digital skills (any knowledge of digital design or development)
• Knowledge of photography, manual DSLR controls
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Lightroom (adding images and creating custom presets and catalogues)
• To develop design projects to a high standard (for example one spread to entire brochure) and be responsible for editing and preparing print ready artwork. Be responsible for your part of the design brief including liaising with the Head of Production/Head of Design/Account Director and requesting advice, proof checks or stage development meetings where necessary to ensure it meets client expectations and always before final approval/delivery.
• To work with the design team to understand and ensure the integrity of the original concept.
• To understand and work within brand and corporate guidelines where relevant.
• To provide high quality retouching of images and photography
• To use your experience and knowledge to identify and resolve design, artwork and print challenges.
• To work together with the design teams to exceed client expectations, delivering high quality work on time every time.
• To communicate progress at every stage of the design and artwork process for the smooth running of work and planning schedules – expectation management.
• To understand and comply with the companyʼs quality management and file management systems.
• To provide the business with best value by managing time accurately ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
• To produce dummies, mock-ups and presentation boards to a high level of finish for internal and external presentation.
• To take responsibility for continuous personal development and learning, helping to identify objectives and opportunities for skills development.
• To make available detailed project notes to assist in the smooth handover of work during a foreseeable absence.
• To complete and submit timesheets on a daily basis.
• Always think about and evaluate personal development to challenge yourself to reach the next level.
• Ensure work is 100% accurate with no spelling, artworking or typographic errors.
Does this sound like something you are interested in? Don’t miss out and get in touch with your up to date CV and portfolio today.
Apply for Creative Artworker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly