Design Researcher / London / £40k+ / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, CMF, Consumer Electronics, Domestic Appliances, Colour, Material, Finishing, Research, Trends
One of the worlds most recognised brands responsible for developing high quality consumer electronic products is looking for an experienced and talented Designer Researcher. As an integral part of a highly focused and dynamic project team, you'll be responsible for planning and carrying out regular research in to market trends, emerging technologies and materials. Your creative experience will enable you to spot global and local trends and you will be passionate about discovering the new for products. You'll have a strong understanding and sensitivity towards design and can communicate your intentions in a dynamic manner.
THE DESIGN RESEARCHER JOB
- Execution of Design Research for home appliances products.
- Rigorously execute trends, design, and market and technology innovation research to provide relevant insights to Design teams.
- Integrate research results into the design process for home appliances products in collaboration with designers and strategists, to ensure research results are expressed in the project result.
- Produce and present engaging and well-structured research reports for designers, marketers, planners and other interested parties.
- Tailor research findings to all levels of the global organisation.
- Collaborate with third parties to carry out fieldwork components of research projects when requested.
- Increase the profile and understanding of User Centred Design and usability with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- The ability to synthesise and communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing is essential.
- Hands-on work planning, conducting, analysing, and presenting results from research projects.
- Research, identify, analyse and communicate Design / Lifestyle Trends in Europe.
- Be involved with creative workshops and understand how to build frameworks with research information.
- Communicate and cooperate with Product Design and UX Design teams, and other internal teams.
- International travel to Europe and beyond for research activities and presentation, as and when required.
ABOUT THE DESIGN RESEARCHER
- BA or MA in a Product Design related degree, Sociology, Cognitive Science or Anthropology.
- Hands-on experiences in a design context, a good knowledge of Home Appliances products would be a bonus.
- Experience of working with/within large corporations or design consultancies.
- Must demonstrate understanding of qualitative and quantitative research techniques and their appropriate application.
- Proven experience in planning, moderating, conducting and analysing, field observations & ethnographic research internationally.
- Have a flexible and innovative approach and be autonomous to manage projects and third parties.
- The desire to work in a fast paced and evolving environment coupled with the ability to juggle multiple priorities is the key.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and the Microsoft suite.