Senior Workplace Designer - Warwickshire
Founded in 2000, this award-winning studio is one of the UK’s most successful & innovative workplace design consultancies outside of London. Since opening its doors, the company has won and designed workspaces for names such as Barclays, Virgin Media and Kimberly Clark, leaving their mark all across the UK.
Their open and collaborative office environment encourages creative dialogue around projects amongst all levels of staff and their varied skill-sets and disciplines, all of which contribute heavily to the standard of work they create.
The practice is now looking for a Senior Workplace Designer to help build on its already strong and burgeoning reputation which has seen the company pick up many BCO awards along the way.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Designer you will be expected to liaise directly with clients, therefore strong presentation & pitching skills are a must. You wil be expected to manage multiple projects at once, from briefing and concept design through all detail design and documentation stages under guidance from the Directors.
Main tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Running creative design projects, managing a flexible team or on your own
- Working closely with senior management team to co-ordinate design work in the studio
- Conceptual creative space planning
- Translating of conceptual planning working drawings
- Designing, detailing bespoke furniture / joinery then reading shop drawings
- Specifying furniture and finishes
- Presenting to clients
- Working with project team and other consultants
- Co-ordinating design information with project consultants
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers
- Understanding the wider project – M&E etc
- Attending site meetings
- Project close out – snagging etc
- Creating and presenting pitches for new clients alongside the senior management team
Experience & Skills
- 6 + years’ workplace design experience
- A particular strength in concept design
- Experience managing projects from pitch to snagging
- Ability to deliver high quality presentations to clients
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Detailed and comprehensive product / furniture knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Experience of working in small teams
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, In-Design, NBS
Salary & Benefits
The salary will be fully dependent on experience, ranging from £30,000 - £35,000.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this amazing opportunity, please forward your CV and portfolio ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 779789.
Job Ref: 8675
Hunter Dunning = Senior Workplace Interior Design Jobs – Your Interior Design Recruitment Specialists