4 days left
- Job Functions
Our client is an award winning media and events company. They are one of the leading players in the industry, and run some of the most iconic and successful events and magazines in the UK, Shanghai and South Africa. These include popular consumer shows such as; Grand Designs Live and the Ideal Home Show and some of the most recognised trade shows in architecture & design, including 100% Design and Clerkenwell Design Week. Their magazine portfolio includes consumer titles such as Grand Designs, Good Homes and Gurgle and trade titles such as icon, onoffice and Clerkenwell post.
Our client have a truly exciting opportunity for an experienced Editor to join our fantastic team.
The Grand Designs brand is unique. It is the UK’s most-watched property TV programme, regularly drawing in millions of viewers and has a devoted following. Grand Designs magazine is a vital part of this brand and, like the TV programme, it is inspirational, intelligent and innovative – an essential purchase for any homeowner considering or undertaking a self-build project. Grand Designs provides the best examples of clever residential architecture and design and self-build success. Our readers are affluent professionals and design savvy, who buy products and use the services they read about in the magazine. The monthly publication is stocked across all major retailers.
To create, develop and manage the editorial content, direction and substance of Grand Designs Magazine and its brand extensions. The Editor is responsible for managing the editorial team, driving ideas, new content, setting up partnerships and associations, and producing the monthly edition. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief and working closely with the design, marketing and web teams, to deliver and develop a leading consumer title, ensuring that content is continually monitored and analysed to ensure its effectiveness to drive subscriptions and copy sales. The Editor must be the face of Grand Designs Magazine and establish themselves as a leading figure within the top-end homes-magazine community. The editor will be involved in the Grand Designs brand across multiple platforms, not just print, presenting at live events, seminars and industry talks.
• To produce and manage all aspects of the editorial offering of Grand Designs Magazine.
• To oversee 14 issues a year (two special issues) on a tight budget with strict deadlines.
• To research and write relevant copy for the title.
• To attend events, shows, exhibitions and client meetings to obtain partners for the title.
• To commission and edit work from a range of contributors, plus build relationships with key industry names to strengthen the brand.
• To assist with image and picture research, source front cover images and produce compelling cover lines.
• To oversee layout design and proof read all layouts with an eagle eye for detail.
• To create forward feature lists and flatplans for each issue.
• To manage extra projects and assignments as required.
• To help promote the title and to generate PR.
• To ensure the website and digital app are up to date and representative of the brand at all times.
• To support other team members as and when required, and maintaining at all times a positive and enthusiastic attitude to the role, the company and colleagues.
• To work closely with the editor-in-chief, advertising manager, marketing manager and other internal teams to ensure the brand is an industry leader in its market and a commercial success
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.
Apply for Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly