2 days left
- Job Functions
Editors - Film/Video | Conference and Corporate Events
London - £Competitive
Are you a freelance Editor that’s passionate about film and video? Do you have an exceptional eye for detail? If so we would like to talk to you. My client, one of London’s leading News agencies need experienced, efficient and pro-active editors to join their busy Media Team working on live conferences and corporate events. You’ll be employed on a freelance basis, working on short-term contracts for post-production.
As a film or video editor, you'll be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. You'll work closely with the Producer Director to achieve the desired end result.
Your work as an editor will involve:
- receiving a brief, and maybe an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay
- assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer
- synchronising and storing files on the computer
- digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable
- creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video
Additional tasks may include:
- overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
- experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;
- writing voiceover/commentary;
- suggesting or selecting music.
- you may also carry out online editing duties, which involve finalising technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading and colouring and adding special effects.
*Please do not apply unless you have a proven track record in covering major news and corporate events.