CREATIVE DESIGNER - LICENSED PRODUCTS & PACKAGING ARTWORK
PMS International Group Plc is a high volume importer of a wide range of consumer goods from China which are distributed to customers in the UK. The Company is well known for its innovative and novelty products and speed with which it can bring products to the market.
The Company’s wide product range includes toys, housewares, giftware, stationery, novelties, electrical gadgets, Christmas decorations, dinnerware and camping range. The Company is also the largest supplier of licensed plush toys to the amusement and leisure industry.
PMS Group places substantial emphasis on original and strong packaging for its products and prefers that the artwork is prepared by its in house team of graphic designers using the latest technology.
Job Description –Product Designer for Licensed Products & Packaging Artwork
The principal duties involve the design and creation of high volumes of artwork in connection with the Company’s products (which will include the creation of packaging, labeling, header cards etc). The Company also has a wide range of licensed plush and toy products and the role will also involve the designer developing licensed product concepts and artwork to obtain licensor approval.
The role may also involve producing advertisements or flyers on an as required basis.
You will also be expected to be able to:
- Edit images for pre-printing
- Brainstorm design ideas
- Present creative ideas to internal clients (mainly the buying team who source the product)
- Implement the Company’s logos and trademarks on all packaging and collateral materials
- Work to commercial deadlines and provide timely updates to the buying team
- Set up promotion presentations
- Create Presentation boards for Licensors.
- Develop design ideas & artwork following license guidelines; from initial through to approval stages.
- Visualise concepts using license artwork elements & brand guidelines
- Working closely with the buying team for developments & approvals
Minimum of 3 years graphic design experience in industry (ideally in a similar industry but this is not essential)
Must be well organised and very computer literate PC and Mac
Must be experienced in Illustrator and Photoshop
Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator
Positive, enthusiastic and team oriented
Flexible and adaptable to change
High attention to detail
Must be detail focused and able to multi task and effectively manage the timely delivery of work against short deadline
Must be a good communicator who takes direction well and is willing to learn
Ability to work under commercial pressure
Ability to provide creative input
Experience in designing licensed product / packaging.
Candidate must submit portfolio and designs with application
To apply for this position, please click on Apply button.