Senior FF&E Designer
Position: Senior FF&E Designer
Our client is an International Interior Design Agency who specialise within the hospitality sector. They are looking for a Senior FF&E Designer to join their creative team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and creative FF&E Designer to work on high end interior design projects, liaising with suppliers and working to a client's needs and aspirations. Experience in commercial/retail/leisure/hospitality is highly beneficial. Project involvement is from conception through to completion
It will be crucial to have large commercial project experience, good organisation & research skills and be able to travel to meetings in UK & abroad.
They need to have a strong FF&E background working with materials and furnishings, creating presentation/mood boards and specifying for schemes, and controlling furniture budgets, with the ability to convey ideas clearly.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Excel, and confidence in using an Apple Mac computer. Familiarity with navigating Vectorworks a bonus but not essential.
- An extensive understanding of finishes, furniture and lighting, with a fantastic eye for the finer details
- Experience completing specifications to a high standard of clarity.
- An ability to interpret a brief and design schemes for a wide variety of client’s tastes, brand identity or requirements.
- An ability to research for and create strong mood boards.
- An ability to create sample boards for client presentations.
- An understanding of controlling budgets, as well as an enjoyment of “problem solving” and fulfilling proposed concepts within budget.
- An ability to work as part of a larger team, but also independently on projects where required.
- An ability to hit the ground running and be self motivated, supported by their previous experience taking ownership of the FF&E on projects.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, for succinctly communicating concepts and information to a variety of people involved in the project: in house, external 3D visual artists, clients and contractors. Strong English is essential.
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.