Position: Industrial Designer
Our client is a leader in the design and supply of dynamic digital display solutions. They are looking for an experience Industrial or Product Designer to join their team in Berkshire.
As an Industrial Designer you’ll be responsible for design and manufacturing related functions required by internal department and key customers. This will include the development of new products, the upgrading of existing products and the creation of fixtures & fittings, mechanical jigs and mechanical assemblies.
The role requires
- Participation in regularly scheduled customer and internal meetings
- Support for Program Management in Technical, Product Design, and Product Timing reviews.
- Involvement in the product costing process
- The creation of presentations for customers
- Support of technical roadmaps
- Visit to customer sites, working directly with customers to develop product solutions
- Creation of new designs and the working with the relevant project team members and/or manufacturers to evaluate those designs.
- Consideration for the safety of customers, suppliers and internal staff, by ensuring that all designs meet the required safety standards
- Developing product / project specifications with colleagues
- Discuss and solve complex problems with internal departments, suppliers and customers
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results
Knowledge / Experience
- A degree qualification in Engineering Design would be preferable
- Strong Technical Skills
- An in-depth knowledge, and working experience, of both 2D and 3D design software packages
- Plastic injection moulding experience would be an advantage
The Person & Competencies
- Ability to thrive in a cross functional and cross cultural work environment.
- A collaborative approach to work closely with technical and product management teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be creative and be able to create solutions to complex problems
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.