Senior Designer South London (good transport links)
Leading global consumer brand based in South London has a brilliant opportunity for an experienced senior designer to join their studio. Operating like a creative agency, the ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, working in a holistic approach to deliver innovatively creative, commercially viable material to brief. You will be bouncing ideas off of some incredibly passionate, creatives, as well as line-managing interns and junior designers.
If you’re a hands-on creative by nature, with plenty of experience taking briefs, sharing fresh ideas, and working closely with everyone involved to make those ideas come to life, you could be exactly who we are looking for.
- You’ll be working with people in different creative fields, from copy to packaging, to support a 360-degree approach and promote shared learning.
- You’ll be designing posters, in-store promotions, POS, ads, leaflets and much more for our global markets, presenting your work in regular creative reviews.
- You’ll be an expert advisor, contributing to the delivery of creative strategy, translating and influencing the creative direction.
- You’ll help to develop the delivery of strong, innovative creative concepts ensuring brand consistency through visual and copy guidelines.
- You’ll support the team by providing design directions for projects with a firm understanding of the brief.
- Working with the Head of Creative, you will develop and maintain good working relationships with the relevant teams across the business, ensuring all verbal and written briefs are translated into creative communications and material that fits with the brand and creative strategy.
- You will mentor and line-manage the Creative Studio intern, being responsible for their career progression
- Extensive experience in developing commercially viable creative concepts and delivering to brief in a design studio environment either within an advertising/creative/design agency ideally with some design for retail experience.
- Some client-facing experience, pitching, presenting and developing client relationships
- Some experience in collaborating with a design, copy, packaging team,
- In-depth knowledge and experience of C&T, marketing communications and delivering creative promotions
- Excellent Mac skills, fully conversant with Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop (not necessarily to visualizing /retouching standard)
- Excellent creative crafting skills – ideas, typography, layout, colour, composition, materials etc
- Good knowledge of artwork/repro/print/production/finishing processes where necessary
- Knowledge of digital asset production processes a bonus
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge of the Cosmetics and Toiletries sector and competitors a bonus but not a deal breaker
- BA in graphic design/art-related or equivalent