This Interior Design consultancy are looking to expand their small team and recruit an interior designer to work in their newly created design studio in North Yorkshire. They work on a range of both domestic and commercial projects and have had two projects shortlisted as finalists for SBID International Design Excellence Awards.
The Designer will work alongside the Principal Designer and the role will develop with the expansion of the business. It will include all aspects of interior design, from spatial planning and specification to ordering and installation.
This is a role which not only requires creativity but also good organisational and communicational skills, together with a flexible can-do attitude. As elements of the role will be client facing candidates must be presentable and of a personable nature. A good telephone manner is vital as is competence in written correspondence.
Summary of Requirements:
- Experience in residential design with knowledge of working on historical / listed building beneficial
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to think-outside-the-box
- Knowledge of suppliers and a good eye for combining fabrics and colours
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good organisational skills
- Fluency in AutoCAD is desirable
- Ability to make balanced decisions and liaise at all levels
- Full UK driving licence and current passport