Production Manager - Furniture
Production Manager - Furniture / London / £30k - £40k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Furniture, Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Rhino, Keyshot, CAD, Interior, Art, Installation, Production.
A leading studio in contemporary design and art are looking to grow their team and are currently looking for a talented Furniture Production Manager. The studio is well known for their ability to translate their creativity into simple yet emotionally engaging furniture and product design. Their work is regularly praised in the design press and is sought after by discerning collectors and furniture producers. Working with some of the biggest names in Architecture, Interiors and Design this London based studio has been designing and delivering pioneering and exciting work for over 30 years.
THE PRODUCTION MANAGER JOB
- Work closely with the wider design team and manage the design, development and fabrication of bespoke furniture and sculptural installations.
- Overseeing the manufacture and construction of pieces and reporting to the company directors.
- Interpreting sketches and produce conceptual drawings and models, taking through to prototyping and fabrication.
- To liaise with design teams, suppliers and manufacturers to ensure the highest of quality is upheld.
- Liaising and negotiating directly with fabricators and external suppliers to fully embrace the designs vision, whilst keeping to budget and deadlines.
- Oversee the construction and development of a project.
- Quality control - to be responsible for the condition check and quality control of all pieces received in and departing the various gallery sites.
- Assist in the training and development of production staff; project management, CAD, general skills.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing process, materials and finish.
- Able to multitask and manage time effectively, with excellent organisational and administrative skills.
ABOUT THE PRODUCTION MANAGER
- Educated in product and/or furniture design.
- Experience in Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience within the high end / luxury industry.
- Experience producing production drawings and sound knowledge of furniture construction.
- Fantastic communication skills and well presented.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills are also of the utmost importance. Fluent in English is a must, a knowledge of other languages would be desirable (French, Italian, German).