Wayfinding Designer / London / £Negotiable Depending on Experience / Contract
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Wayfinding, Sketch up, Revit, AutoCAD.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and award winning architectural practice based in London. This practice are market leaders in the field of transportation design, in particular airport terminal facilities and rail stations. The team have a huge array or work and are looking for an experienced Wayfinding and signage design specialist to join the team on a contract basis, initially 3 months. Your focus will be supporting on the design and delivery of several aviation projects taking ideas from initial concept and strategy through to the creation of production-ready artwork.
THE WAYFINDING DESIGNER JOB
- Development of wayfinding strategies based on client brief.
- Creation of presentation materials to demonstrate strategies to clients.
- Application of client's wayfinding standards as well as development of new graphic standards.
- Creation of signage schedules and location plans for production and coordination.
ABOUT THE WAYFINDING DESIGNER
- Practical graphic design / information design / wayfinding experience.
- Creative and imaginative approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a larger team.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- Experience in wayfinding design for transport environments.
- Experience in product design development.
- Understanding of the movement of people in complex environments.
- Coordination and collation of complex information in to production-ready information.
- Knowledge of Sketch up, Revit, AutoCAD.