4 days left
- Job Functions
Main purpose of the job:
The publication team sits within the External Relations area and supports with the delivery of all internal and external office communication whether printed or electronic. It is responsible for the laying and publishing of official reports including over 300 financial audit accounts and approximately 70 value for money reports, as well as financial and production control for the area. It also provides a dedicated helpdesk for staff.
The artworker’s role is to produce high quality printed and digital outputs using publishing software to the highest possible standards, following corporate guidelines, within agreed timescales.
About the National Audit Office
The National Audit Office (NAO) is the UK’s main public sector audit body. Independent of government, we have responsibility for auditing the accounts of various public sector bodies, examining the propriety of government spending, assessing risks to financial control and accountability, and reviewing the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of programmes, projects and activities. We report directly to Parliament, through the Committee of Public Accounts of the House of Commons which uses our reports as the basis of its own investigations. We employ some 810 staff, most of whom are qualified accountants, trainees or technicians. They work in one of two main areas, financial audit or value for money (VFM) audit.
The NAO welcomes applications from everyone. We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the advertised vacancy grade.
The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
Reporting to: Studio Manager
The artworker has an internal relationship with staff at all levels. This includes being involved in job briefings with customers to ensure corporate style guidelines are maintained and that customer requirements are met.
Staff Resources managed:
Budgetary Resources managed: None.
To produce published material using the relevant DTP software for in-house or external publication. 100%
- Determining the most effective layout of text and graphics in accordance with NAO design guidelines and customer requirements.
- Producing work to a high standard and quality, in agreed timescales.
- Actively assessing clients’ data and determine the most appropriate format for the graphical representation within the NAO design guidelines.
- Quality check all work produced to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Communicate job progress at every stage of the design and artwork process to ensure the smooth running of work and schedules.
- Identify and resolve any artwork and print challenges as they arise.
- Produce detailed project notes using a methodical approach to assist in the smooth handover of work and to keep an accurate history of each project.
- Experience of pre-press preparation across digital and print media.
Key skills/competencies required:
- Previous experience working in an Agency and/or in-house design team
- Effective graphic design combined with strong typographical skills
- Be proactive with a good visual sense and creative flair
- An in-depth knowledge and extensive experience of working in Adobe Creative Suite 6 and above, Microsoft Office and an understanding of other DTP products. Experience of both PC and Apple platforms
- A good working knowledge of both print and digital production
- Accurate proofreading skills especially on multi page documents
- The ability to work on several projects at any one time
- Enjoy working in a busy and pressurised environment
- Good team working skills
- Strong and confident communication when dealing with both colleagues and clients
- Experience of working in the service and/or financial sectors
- A good working knowledge and experience of WordPress and other web related software.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.