Assistant Product Designer
This company create inspiring and commercially successful lifestyle products for the UK's top high street retailers. Their core departments currently include Interiors, Beauty, Nightwear and Swimwear and each department has its own specialist team of product experts, designers and merchandisers.
They are also a leading wholesaler of interior products, offering a complete range of window furnishings, including wooden and metal curtain poles, tiebacks and workroom accessories. It is for this division that they currently seek an Assistant Product Designer.
Responsibilities typically include:
- Identifying trends in colour, shape and material and applying these to your designs for interior accessories
- Involved in creating the design concept and developing ranges, through to supporting graphics, packaging and POS design
- Carrying out comparative shopping to predict trends
- Attending UK customer visits
- Developing core ranges and produce range profiles
- Organising sampling and swatching
Person / Experience Required:
- CAD literate, proficient with Illustrator and Photoshop packages
- Strong time management and organisational skills to adhere to firm deadlines
- Knowledge of textiles and surface print would be beneficial
- Degree in Product Design
- Proven experience as a Graduate Designer or Assistant Designer (1 - 2 years)