Head of Design
Our client, creates brilliant brand, advertising, digital engagement, direct marketing, design and print communications. They offer full service and a la carte communications solutions to a wide range of clients in the financial and charity sectors and thrive on being an enthusiastic team working in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starting and committed individual who will establish creative leadership for agency clients.
You will be proactive and passionate; willing to go the extra mile for the agency and clients.
Key Qualities, Skills and Responsibilities
- Working with the agency Executive Creative Director to provide creative direction and quality control for all creative outputs - across multiple clients and media
- Providing the creative bridge between the agency and clients, lending guidance and advice when required
- Working collaboratively with the broader agency team to deliver consistently best in class communications solutions across multiple media channels and creative disciplines, utilising the most appropriate blend of agency creative resources to deliver outstanding creative solutions for clients
- Brand guardian for clients, including visual and tone of voice
- Working with the agency Executive Creative to lead new business initiatives and pitches from a creative perspective
- Leading creative kick-off sessions for new projects
- Establish a process for efficient creative briefing including the education of clients
- Monitoring, assessing and applying developments in creative and communications technology
- Monitoring, assessing and applying learnings and best practice from other clients, industries and competitors
- Previous management experience working with graphic designers, digital designers, video and motion graphics/animation
- Strong client service attitude
- Multi-disciplined with the ability to deliver at both strategic brand and tactical campaign levels
- Presentation skills that inspire and excite clients and colleagues
- Thorough understanding of print and digital design best practice
- Thorough understanding of digital communications and delivery systems including processes and user interface design to industry best practice
- Needs to have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
- Expert in: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & Bridge/Quark/Apple Pages, Keynote & Numbers and Adobe After Effects with a proven ability to apply his/her expertise to consistently produce high quality creative solutions efficiently
- Proficient in: Adobe After Effects animation, Microsoft Office with a proven ability to apply his/her skills to consistently produce high quality creative solutions efficiently